In a world where everything is online, the key to success is quickly and efficiently finding information. Whether it’s the lowest fare, a cure for a medical problem, finding a job, fixing something, inventing a new product or just about anything– the internet contains all the knowledge of mankind in one form or another and it’s growing in leaps and bounds every minute. Most people are unware of how to truly leverage search engines beyond basic word searches. Internet Research is a step-by-step process of gathering, organizing and evaluating appropriate information available on the Internet.
This course will teach you how to leverage the power of the internet by using advanced tools, techniques and methodologies for finding information – a must have skill for just about anyone.
- What is the internet, Internet Research, Pitfall of Searching, Search engines
- How search engine works
- How to work with various search engines beyond basic word searches
- Understanding safe searching
- Use of Boolean and other types of search techniques.
- Using Advanced research methods with online tools
- Using Specialized Search Tools
- Understanding deep web and dark web